Do You Have a Magnesium Deficiency?
Magnesium is involved in over 300 metabolic processes in the body. As a mineral, magnesium aids vitamins in performing their functional processes in the body. A large portion of the population do not meet the recommended daily intake of magnesium; take this quiz to determine if you are deficient.
Each of the following is worth one point. Which of the following apply to you?
1. heart rhythm disturbances
2. constipation and/or sluggish colon
3. chronic fatigue
4. muscles tear or injure easily
5. muscle cramps
7. muscular weakness
8. inability to control bladder
9. night sweats
10. excessive body odor
11. muscle twitching
12. lower/mid back pain
13. muscular tension or tight muscles
15. enlarged facial pores
16. uncontrollable sweating of the hands, feet, and/or armpits
17. painful menstrual cramps
19. restless leg syndrome
20. chronic knee and/or hip pain
21. cold hands and/or feet
22. lack of appettie
23. sudden episodes of loss of brain function
25. rapid heartbeat
26. carpal tunnel syndrome
27. nervous agitation
28. repeated tapping of the hands or feet
29. are you easily disoriented and/or confused
30. Do you have high blood pressure?
31. Do you have chronic diarrhea or sloppy stools?
32. Are you easily weakened by stress, or are you physically intolerant of stress?
33. Do you have chronic arthritis?
34. Do you have heart disease and/or angina pectoris?
35. Do you suffer from headaches occurring prior to or during your menstrual cycle?
36. Do you have overactive or underactive thyroid function?
37. Do you have osteoporosis?
38. Do your bones fracture easily, or do they fail to heal after fracturing?
39. Do you suffer from epilepsy or convulsion?
40. Do you drink alcohol on a daily basis?
41. Do you have a history of kidney stones?
42. Do you suffer from chronic kidney disease?
43. Do you regularly take diuretic drug?
44. Are you a sugar addict?
1-6 points: Mild Magnesium deficiency.
7-16 points: Moderate Magnesium deficiency.
17-25 points: Severe Magnesium deficiency.
26 and above: Extreme Magnesium deficiency.
Reversing a magnesium deficiency is very achievable through diet. It requires a commitment and steady approach. A Nutrolution RD can help you make a lasting healthy lifestyle change. We are in-network with Blue Cross Blue Shield and Medicare. Call or contact us below to verify your nutrition benefits and get started on a personal nutrition program!
(Turlapaty, et.al 1980).
(Anast, et. al 1972).
For more information, check out our research and references page here.