The brain is an immensely powerful and complex organ which is constantly firing and receiving messages which enable us to function. The brain and nervous system rely on healthy reception / transmission of neurochemicals which allow us to experience concentration, memory, relaxation and sleep.
People suffering from brain imbalances which cause poor memory, depression, anxiety, insomnia, and ADHD are typically deficient in neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine, GABA, acetylcholine and norepinephrine. Other nutrition-related causes of these brain problems may include a deficiency in Omega-3 fatty acids, particularly Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA), or the ingestion of inflammatory proteins or neurotoxins, such as MSG, Aspartame, artificial colors and flavors. Our dietitians can help you identify what things you may be eating, or not eating, that could be negatively impacting your brain health.
Our brain boost section is specifically designed to support neurotransmitter health and brain function. Below we outline supplements which can improve your brain function and help you think and feel your best!
- Depression- High DHA Fish Oil - High quality Omega 3's, specifically DHA found in fish oils, help to comprise the neurotransmitter receptor sites in the brain. Due to being an omega-3 population from poor dietary health, most people will benefit from taking High DHA Fish Oil. They help the cells receive important brain messages transmitted by neurotransmitters.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity - DopaBoost
- Anxiety - pharma GABA chews
- Insomnia - Magnesium glycinate
- Memory - Brain Vitale
- General Neurotransmitter Support - Neurolink High DHA Fish Oil
Most people also greatly benefit from a consultation for meal planning and dietitian counseling. Through a consultation, our dietitian can help you identify underlying causes of poor brain function, and develop a program for you which supports a healthy mind and thinking. See personal consultation options.
NEED HELP SELECTING SUPPLEMENTS? OUR REGISTERED DIETITIAN CAN HELP
- Page 1 of 2